Translate using the Web Editor
In this guide: Follow these steps to translate a document on Redokun.
You've been invited to translate a document on Redokun. What now? Let us guide you through the process.
Start translating documents on Redokun
When someone invites you to translate a document on Redokun, you will receive an email notification, as well as a platform invitation.
To start translating:
- Click on
Accept invitein the email or inside Redokun to accept the invitation.
🗣️ If you have not used Redokun before, you will be asked to create an account before you can access the document you've been invited to translate.
Pre-translate (optional step)
Before you start filling up the translation area, you may run the Pre-translate feature first, which allows you to:
- automatically use past translations for repetitive or similar text found in your document
- fill the gaps with machine translation
Both features are designed to help you boost your productivity and avoid having to translate from scratch.
Translate the text using the Web Editor
- Go to the document you've been invited to translate.
- Start translating the text. You can type your translation into the translation boxes of each text segment. Alternatively, you can select and edit suggestions generated from previously approved translations and Machine Translations.
⚠️ Redokun uses tags and markers to indicate style changes or special characters and preserve them in the translation. If a source segment contains tags, then the translator should place the same tags in its corresponding translation.
- Once you've finished translating, click on
Confirm Translationto inform the document owner that the translation is complete.
⚠️ Once the translation is confirmed, the document will be locked and the translator will no longer be able to edit the translation. If further edits are needed, the translator has to click on
Ask to unlock translationto request action from the document owner. Only the document owner can unlock the translation.