Your first translation job
In this guide: There are two different ways to translate your documents on Redokun. Follow these steps to translate your first one.
A) Upload a document
- Go to the Document List.
- Click on
- Click on
Choose Files. See here for our supported file formats.
- Select the file you want to upload and click on
- Choose the source language of the file, and click on
Upload. Redokun will then extract the text from your document and prepare it for translation.
B) Add target languages
- Once your document is uploaded, choose the target language/languages for the translation project. Then, click on
- What to do if you are not asked to select the target language/languages?
If you are not asked to add the target languages, go to the Document Detail page, and click on
- What to do if you don't see the target language you are looking for?
- Check the Settings to make sure you have selected and activated the target language.
- If you don't see the target language in the Settings, try to activate the country-specific languages by going into Advanced settings and flagging
Enable country-specific languages.
- If you still cannot find the target language, write us at email@example.com.
- After adding the target languages, you must decide how you want to translate the text (either with an online workflow or an offline workflow).
C) Translate the text
There are two ways to translate your text with Redokun:
- Online workflow: translate by using the built-in translation tool (CAT tool);
- Offline workflow: translate by using the Export / Import of Phrases function.
Online workflow: Translate with your team
On Redokun's built-in web editor, your document is divided into text segments. Your translator can either input the translation for each segment or select one of the suggestions provided.
When the translation is done, you will receive a notification to download the translated document in the original styles and formatting.
Offline workflow: Translate with vendors
You can easily work with your preferred translators, vendors, and partners outside of your organization - whether they use Redokun or not.
If your collaborators prefer to use a different software solution, you can export an exchange file from Redokun that contains all the text for translation.
Simply request your translator to fill up the file. Once they send the translated file back to you, import it back to Redokun.
D) Download the translated document
Once translation is complete, you can download the translated documents on Redokun.
- Ensure that the translation in the target language you want to download is confirmed. The icon below Confirm / Unlock should be a lock symbol.
- Click on the
Download icon. Redokun might ask you to confirm the download and show you how many words will be deducted from your word-count balance.
The translated file downloaded from Redokun will have the same format, the same layout, and the same look as your original file.