What file formats does Redokun support?
Redokun supports the following file formats:
- Adobe InDesign (*.idml)
- Adobe Illustrator (*.ai, *.eps, *.svg) – visit this blog post
- Microsoft Word (*.docx) 1
- Microsoft PowerPoint (*.pptx) 1, 2
- Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx) 1
- HTML 5 (*.html)
- Subtitles (*.srt)
- Plain text (UTF-8 *.txt)
- XLIFF 1.2 (*.xliff, *.xlf) – (Generic XLIFF, Articulate Rise 360, Articulate Storyline 360)
- XML (*.xml) – (Adobe Captivate)
- JSON (*.json)
- PDF (*.pdf) - visit this user guide
1 Files saved with Microsoft Office 2019 (Windows), Microsoft Office 2016 (Mac), or greater.
2 Text on master slides is not extracted.
⚠️ Get in touch with us if you don't see the file format you need to translate. This list is non-exhaustive as we are constantly working on adding support for new file types.
Read also: Upload limitations.
Redokun also imports slide notes but it does not import hidden slides.
Redokun imports all content inside the spreads from all layers. If your file contains more layers in more languages, read this guide.
If you want to set up the perfect translation workflow when working with Adobe InDesign files, check out our ebook: Make InDesign file translation simple and fast.
Special import settings are available for XLIFF files exported from Articulate Rise 360 and Articulate Storyline 360.
XLIFF files created with other platforms (eg. Intellum Evolve) work out of the box using the generic settings.