Upload, move, and delete documents
In this guide: Learn how to upload and move your documents into folders. Also, what happens to your translations if you delete a document?
What should you do before uploading your first document?
Before uploading any documents to Redokun, you might want to:
- Check what type of text segmentation is used in your account.
- Decide whether or not you want to convert soft-returns and special characters to space.
Upload your documents
You can import one or more documents at the same time.
- Go to the Document List or the folder in which you want to store your document.
- Click on
- Click on
Choose Files. See here for our supported file formats.
⚠️ If you need to translate an InDesign file, you will need to convert it into an IDML document. Visit this page to find out how.
- Select the file you want to upload, then click on
- Choose the source language of the file, then click on
- At this point, Redokun will extract the text from your document and prepare it for translation.
- Once your document is uploaded, choose the target language/languages for the translation project. Then, click on
- What to do if you don't see the target language you are looking for?
- Check the Settings to make sure you have selected and activated the target language.
- If you don't see the target language in the Settings, try to activate the country-specific languages by going to the Advance settings and flagging
Enable country-specific languages.
- If you still cannot find the target language, write us at email@example.com.
- What to do if you are not asked to select the target language/languages?
If you are not asked to add the target languages, go to the Document Detail page, and click on
- After adding the target languages, you can decide how you want to translate the text (online workflow or offline workflow).
Move documents into a folder
If you need to move a single document:
- Click on the document's
- Change the
If you need to move more documents:
- Tick the checkbox of each document.
- Under the "Batch actions" bar, click on
- Change the
Delete a document
If you need to delete a document, you can click on the document's
Redokun automatically notifies the assigned translators that the document has been deleted.
⚠️ Important! When you delete a document, the translation memories linked to it will be deleted too. Deleted data is non-recoverable.