In this guide: Redokun's interface is divided into several functional sections. This overview describes each section and explains how they work.
- Main menu panel
- Document list (Documents)
- Document Detail page
- Web Editor (or "Translation Page")
- Export page (Bulk export-import of sentences)
- Import page (Bulk export-import of sentences)
- Translation Memory
Main menu panel
On this page, you can switch between your document list, settings, help center, and other advanced features like reporting and Translation Memory.
Document list (Documents)
This section shows the list of documents you have uploaded or those that had been assigned to you.
From the list, you can perform actions for each document. For example, going into its details page or deleting the document.
Furthermore, the expanded view shows you some basic information about a document, including the translation progress of each assigned target language (in percentage)
The progress bar uses different colors to indicate the status of each translation:
- Blue: Default color. The translation is complete or in progress.
- Orange: The translator has not accepted the invitation to work on the document yet.
- Green: The translated document is ready to be downloaded.
💡 You can also sort your documents into folders for better organization.
Document Detail page
On the details page of any document, you can add a target language for translation.
From there, you can:
- assign translation tasks
- monitor the translation progress for each target language
- pre-translate your document
- upload a new revision of the document
- bulk export or import sentences
- get more details about the document like word count
Web Editor (or "Translation page")
By clicking on one of the document's assigned target languages, you will arrive at the translation page, where you can start translating immediately.
Here's how the Web Editor is structured. You will see a blue bar at the top of the page, whereas the rest of the page is divided into three columns:
- The first column shows the page preview (when available).
- The central column shows the source segments that need to be translated.
- The third column contains the area where the translator should input the translation for each segment.
By clicking on the "Confirm Translation" button on the right, the translations will be confirmed and locked. Upon confirmation, you will be able to generate the translated file.
⚠️ Once confirmed, the document will be locked and the translation can no longer be edited. Only the document owner can unlock the file. If further edits are needed, the translator must click on
Ask to unlock translation to request action from the document owner.
Source segments column
The central column shows the source segments that need to be translated.
To mark and preserve style changes or special characters, Redokun uses tags and markers. If a source segment contains tags, then the translator should place the same tags in its corresponding translation.
The third column shows the boxes where you can input the translation of each segment, as well as translation suggestions.
As you translate a segment, press the
Tab key on your keyboard to add a tag or a marker, press
Return to go to the next sentence.
Redokun automatically saves every translation in the background.
- Under each translation box, Redokun suggests translations by using data from Machine Translation providers and from your previously approved translations. (The latter is based on past documents of both the owner and the translator.)
- On the right side of each translation box, you will also see a panel of buttons. You can use them to copy the source segment or mark the translation as a draft if you want to review it later.
Export page (Bulk export-import of sentences)
On this page, you can generate and export a Microsoft Excel file or an XLIFF file that contains all the text segments in your document.
After downloading the exported file, open it and enter your translations under the
Target Language column.
You can import and export the phrases as many times as you want, even partially.
Import page (Bulk export-import of sentences)
On this page, you can import the translated segments from the Microsoft Excel file previously exported from Redokun. Please keep in mind that the only internal format supported is the one exported from Redokun.
On the Settings page, you can:
- manage your profile
- add new languages
- add new translators
- assign translators to specific languages
- change your personal information and password
Translation Memory (TM)
On the Translation Memory page you can:
- Import your Translation Memory by clicking on
- Export your Translation Memory
- Access the TM Manager to view and update your Translation Memories
The Reporting page gives you a global overview on the translation statuses of your documents. It also provides access to the Audit Logs page.