Translate a PDF document
In this guide: Follow these steps to translate a PDF document using Redokun.
Translating a PDF file can be a difficult and potentially risky task. We’ve covered this topic extensively in our blog.
How to translate a PDF in Redokun
The easiest and safest way to translate a PDF file is to obtain the source file from its creator rather than using a conversion software.
However, if that’s not an option for you, you can use TransPDF along with Redokun.
The process to obtain your translated PDF will be as follows:
- Create a TransPDF account.
- Upload your PDF file to TransPDF.
- Download an XLIFF file from TransPDF.
- Translate the XLIFF file in Redokun.
- Upload the translated XLIFF file to TransPDF.
- Download the translated PDF file.
A) Create a TransPDF account
⚠️ TransPDF is a product by Iceni Technology Ltd. You should test their tools before subscribing and ensure that they work as you intended.
- Create a free account for TransPDF. When signing up, select
B) Upload your PDF file to TransPDF
- While logged into your TransPDF account, upload a PDF by clicking on
- Select the PDF you want to upload, set the
Target Languages, then click on
C) Download an XLIFF file from TransPDF
- Once TransPDF has processed your PDF file, click on the
Get Textbutton and select
D) Translate the XLIFF file in Redokun
⚠️ TransPDF will create a file with the .xlf extension.
E) Upload the translated XLIFF file to TransPDF
- Once you’ve downloaded the translated XLIFF file from Redokun, remember to change the file extension from .xliff to .xlf.
- From your TransPDF account, upload the translated XLIFF file by clicking on
F) Download the translated PDF.
- After processing your XLIFF file, TransPDF will show the translation status of your document in your account.
- Make sure TransPDF is not indicating any issue with your Fonts (Go here to learn how to fix Font issues).
- Lastly, click on the
Downloadbutton next to your document. You will have the option to download a
Preview PDF, a
Comparison PDFor a
⚠️ Redokun is not affiliated with TransPDF and thus has no control over the quality of its output. If you use any of the tools suggested in this user guide, you accept to do it at your own risk.