Working in a team
In this guide: Managers and translators are two significant roles in any translation project. Learn how to create and manage your team on Redokun.
If your department has more than one manager or translator, you could set up your team on Redokun so it's easier to collaborate on the same projects.
💡 Once you create a team, you become the team owner and you can invite other managers.
Create a team
To create a team:
- Go to
- Choose a name for the team.
- Invite your colleagues to join the team.
Organization can be changed in
⚠️ To learn how to add a manager, read this user guide.
What can a translator do?
A translator can:
- only access the documents that were shared with them.
- translate documents using the Web Editor.
- translate documents by exporting an exchange file.
- pre-translate a document.
⚠️ A translator account cannot download translated documents or upload new documents.
What can a manager do?
In addition to what a translator can do, a manager can:
- upload documents and revisions.
- access the team's shared word balance.
- share their documents with the rest of the team.
- share translation memories with the rest of the team.
- manage all translators on the team.
- view who is on the team.
What can the team owner do?
Usually, the team owner runs the account that is subscribed to a Redokun plan (the account you used to buy the plan).
The team owner will have all the features associated with a normal manager account. Additionally, they can also:
- invite and remove members from the team.
- change the name of the team.
- change or upgrade the subscription.
- access the audit log (if enabled for the plan).