Upload a new revision
In this guide: Deal with last minute changes quickly. Learn how you can update your documents and implement the changes across all targets languages easily.
Throughout the translation process, you may want to revise your documents due to mistakes, product updates, or graphic reviews.
Normally, your designers may have to apply these changes to each translated document manually, which is both time-consuming and error-prone.
Redokun's document revision feature makes the entire process much easier.
What happens when you upload a new revision?
When you upload a new revision, Redokun automatically updates the document in all of its assigned target languages.
- Graphic changes and new text segments are instantly updated in all target languages.
- New segments are highlighted as "to be translated".
- Translations of unchanged segments are automatically brought over to the new version so no progress is lost.
⚠️ Segments where the context (surrounding text) has changed will also be marked as "to be translated". When translating these segments, Redokun will propose the previous translations as suggestions.
Overall, your team will only need to focus on any newly added text rather than on the entire document, which helps them complete the project faster.
Other things to note:
- When you upload a document as a revision, it will be considered as a new document and accounted for in the same way of how word deductions are currently calculated.
- Chinese, Korean, and Japanese texts are handled differently in that one character equals to one word.
How to upload a new revision
- Update your document in the original program where it was created (e.g. Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, etc.).
- Go to the Document Detail page of the document you have translated on Redokun.
Upload new revisionand select the new file.
- At this point, you can decide whether you want to notify your assigned translators (if any) that the document has been updated.
🗣️ You can restore previous revisions of a document. See this guide to learn how.